Senior Network Designer – Engineering, Design & Standards Department – Middle Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Senior Network Designer – Engineering, Design & Standards Department – Middle Street, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for producing implementable network Designs, Estimates and Bills of Quantities for delivering electricity to a prospective customer by means of adding or modifying the primary and/or secondary Distribution Network.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Visit and conduct sites surveys as deemed necessary.
- Verify network designs and bill of quantities for completeness and accuracy, or prepare/adjust network designs, bills of quantities, and price estimates for modifications to the distribution network.
- Process Service Orders to comply with the Operating Standards &Performance Targets.
- Provide data to aid updates of the distribution network.
- Provide basic technical support to the department on electricity metering matters.
- Coordinate load voltage and current checks/measurements for capital works and related jobs.
- Identify and communicate opportunities, which can support the department to achieve its goals, objectives and targets, inclusive of suggesting appropriate actions to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Coach, mentor and train direct reports to develop the requisite job related knowledge and skill sets to be effective in executing their duties and responsibilities.
- Develop Individual Performance and Learning and Development Plans.
- Continuously monitor the performance of subordinates and take the appropriate actions that embrace and support continuous improvement of the subordinates.
- Ensure subordinates compliance with the Company’s Rules and Regulations and initiate disciplinary actions in keeping with Company’s Rules of Conduct.
- Enforce subordinates strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Must be familiar with basic aspects of Project Management
- Thorough understanding of computer software – Skill in the use of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Primary and Secondary Distribution Networks
- Knowledge of electrical schematics sufficient to interpret and modify/design as needed
- Skill in reading, interpreting and preparing electrical diagrams
- The ability to handle multiple task and meet deadlines
- Ability to attend to details
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Electrical Engineering with ten(10) years’ experience, or Degree in Electrical Engineering with three(3) years relevant experience, or their equivalent from an accredited institution.
City and Guilds, HNC or Higher Technical Diploma with fifteen (15) years relevant experience.
Certificate – Board of Industrial Training (electrical) with twenty (20) years relevant experience (knowledge of GPL’s T & D Network and Network Design Standard).
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Wednesday, September 28, 2022.