Senior Network Designer
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Senior Network Designer within the System Planning and Design Department, Middle Street.
Under the general supervision of Senior Design Engineer, the incumbent is responsible for producing implementable Network Designs, Estimates and Bills of Quantities for delivering electricity to a prospective customer by means of adding or modifying the primary and/or secondary Distribution Network.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Visiting and conducting site surveys as deemed necessary.
- Plan and coordinate field activities for subordinates.
- Verify network designs and bill of quantities for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare/adjust network designs, bills of quantities, and price estimates for modifications to the distribution network.
- Process Service Orders to ensure compliance with the company’s Operating Standards & Performance Targets.
- Provide data to aid updates of the distribution network.
- Provide basic technical support to the department on electricity metering matters.
- Coordinate voltage and current checks/measurements for capital works and related jobs.
- Identify and communicate opportunities, which can support the department to achieve its goals, objectives and targets, inclusive of suggesting appropriate actions to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Coach, mentor and train direct reports to develop the requisite job related knowledge and skill sets to be effective in executing their duties and responsibilities.
- Monitor the performance of direct reports and take the appropriate actions that embrace and support continuous improvement of the subordinates.
- Ensure direct reports are in compliance with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- safety and health legislation, and their contractual obligations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited Institution, with ten (10) years’ relevant experience.
Technician’s Diploma in Electrical Engineering or a Higher Technical Diploma, or an Ordinary Technical Diploma from GTI plus a Certificate – Board of Industrial Training (electrical) with fifteen (15) years’ relevant experience. Applicant must have knowledge of GPL’s T & D Network and Network Design Standard.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 27, 2020.