Senior Meter Reader
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
Senior Meter Reader
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Meter Reader, which exist within the Customer Services Department, Chesney Berbice.
Under the direction and control of the Customer Services Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality of service to our customers. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for, but, not limited to, the duties listed below.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Ensure work materials are available for contracted and In-house Meter Readers to execute their duties in a timely manner.
- Monitor meter reading activities for Contracted and In-house Meter Readers in accordance with billing schedules.
- Supervise and monitor In-house and Contracted Meter Readers and ensure meter readings are completed in keeping with schedules.
- Monitor In-house and Contracted Meter Readers activities related to their Performance Plan.
- Execute the functions of the position in a manner that ensures all targets as set out in your Performance Plan are achieved.
- Conduct field investigation for New Services, Change of Tenancy, meter re-read, Meter Taken Off and Folio of new services and tariffs in a timely manner.
- Report and escalate any irregularities found during and the conduct of field investigations and recommend any changes deemed necessary.
- Conduct surveys based on requests by management.
- Distribute bills for all Itron and Maximum Demand customers in a timely manner.
- Prepare invoices and spreadsheets for monthly payments of Contract Meter Readers and recommend deductions where necessary.
- Prepare production reports on the status of meters in field; defective, meter taken off, cannot find, meter changed and meters not in correct reading routes or walk order.
- Communicate with colleagues to seek clarification on matters presented and escalate any complex issues or areas of concern to a supervisor.
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of all Customer Service Standards, Procedures and Policies of the company, division and department.
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects C.X.C/ G.C.E. (Grades 1-111 passes) Ordinary Level, including English Language and Mathematics, plus a certificate in Computer Studies with three (3) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than June 04, 2020.