Senior Meter Reader – Customer Services Operations Department – New Amsterdam, Berbice
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Senior Meter Reader – Customer Services Operations Department – New Amsterdam, Berbice.
Under the direction and control of the Customer Services Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality of service to our customers.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Ensure work materials are available for contracted Meter Readers to execute their duties in a timely manner.
- Monitor meter reading activities for Contracted and In-house Meter Readers in accordance with billing schedule.
- Supervise and Monitor In-house and Contracted Meter Readers and ensure meter readings are completed in keeping with schedule.
- Monitor in-house and contracted Meter Readers activities related to their Performance Plan so that meter readings can be completed on schedule.
- Inject efforts to achieve all targets as set out in your Performance Plan.
- Conduct field investigation for New Services, Change of Tenancy, meter re-read, Meter Taken Off and Folio of new services, tariffs in a timely manner.
- Report and escalate any irregularities found from completed field investigation and recommend for changes to be made on customers as required (meter taken out, tariff changes, meter active in field but inactive in system).
- Conduct surveys base on request by management.
- Distribute bills for all Itron and Maximum Demand customers in a timely manner.
- Prepare invoices and spreadsheets for monthly payment of Contract Meter Readers and recommend for deductions to be made, where necessary.
- Prepare production reports on status of meter in field; defective, meter taken off, cannot find, meter changed and meters not in correct reading routes or walk order.
- Communicate with colleagues to seek clarification on matters they have presented and escalate any complex issues or areas of concern to supervisor.
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of all Customer Service Standards, Procedures and Policies of the company, division and department.
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Thorough knowledge of geography locations.
- Ability to present legible written report.
- Ability to make simple and accurate mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Conversant with the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects C.X.C/ G.C.E. Ordinary Level, including English Language and Mathematics, plus certificate in Computer Studies with three (3) years relevant experience.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Junior Staff “4” emolument.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, September 16, 2022.