Senior Labour and Employee Relations Officer
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for the position of Senior Labour and Employee Relations Officer- 257-259 Middle Street Georgetown Guyana
- Investigation Reports
- Records of Employee Complaints and related memorandum
- Disciplinary Letters reprimands, suspension and terminations
- Advisory Memorandum to Employees
- Supervisors and Managers Documentation on Disciplinary hearing and meeting or Unions
- Wages and Salaries Comparative Analysis Report
- Proposals on Policy and Procedures on Employee issues
- Monthly Employee Relations Reports
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Participate in addressing grievances and work to resolve complex employee relations/labour relations issues.
- Mediate discussions between employer and employee representatives in attempt to reconcile differences.
- Conduct investigations, and prepare reports.
- Counsel and advise employee on employment policies and procedures.
- Advice on the interpretation of Industrial agreements reached between the Company and participating Unions, as well as employment agreement and monitors their effective implentation.
- Monitor Company’s adherence to labour laws and regulations.
- Train Managers and Supervisors on topics related to the handling of grievances, fostering good labour relations, working conditions and disciplinary policy and procedures.
- Represent the Company in labour disputes, conciliation and arbitration.
- Facilitates information gathering where necessary for wages and salaries negotiations with the unions. Research case law or outcome of previous case hearings.
- Prepare proposals for collective bargaining and other labour negotiations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal labour requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Prepares monthly Employee Relations Reports.
- Assess Union’s proposals on salary, benefits and working conditions.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, correspondence on various Human Resources issues.
- Develop methods to monitor employee satisfaction with policies and working conditions.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management/Industrial Relations or related field , with three (3) years’ experience in Labour Relations.
Diploma in Human Resources Management/Industrial Relations or related field with five(5) years’ in Human Resources /Labour Relations field.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than November 15, 2019.