Senior Engineer-Loss Reduction
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
- Plan and co-ordinate the activities of the Section to ensure efficient and optimal use of all resources while executing the mandate of the Section.
- Continuously monitor and review the performance of the staff of the Section as it relates to achievement against set goals, objectives and targets.
- Identification and continuously monitor of risks that threaten the achievement of the department’s goals, objectives, and targets and taking appropriate actions to mitigate those risks.
- Identification of opportunities that can enhance the achievement of the department’s goals, objectives and targets and taking actions to capitalizing on those opportunities.
- Continuously monitor the performance of the staff of the Section and take appropriate actions that embrace and enhance continuous improvement of all staff.
- Regularly report on the performance of the Section as it relates to tasks, staff, PMS and QMS.
- Continuously review meter field investigation activities and processes to ensure that they are conducted in an efficient, effective and customer friendly manner.
- Preparation of management and technical reports relating to meter revenue protection activities for presentation to internal and external parties.
- Train staff of the Section to enable them to develop requisite job skills to fulfill the mandate of the position they hold effectively and efficiently.
- Prepare annual budget for activities scheduled for the Department.
- Liaise with Billing Department on customer issues relating to billing and updating of customers’ accounts.
- Liaise with Metering Engineer and Manager on meter and interface replacements.
- Ensure direct reports’ compliance with Company Rules and Regulations and initiate disciplinary actions in keeping with Company’s Rules of Conduct.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the environment and area under control is kept clean and tidy.
- Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
- Conducts continuous assessment and monitoring of staff work performance and development, and taking steps to correct poor work performance.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to:
Deputy Human Resources Manager
Guyana Power & Light Inc.,
257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown