Senior Customer Services Clerk
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Senior Customer Services Clerk within the Customer Services Department – Leguan.
Under the general direction of the Customer Services Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the general administration of the department, delivery of a high quality service and meeting required targets
- Check and Balance Cash, Cheques received and cashier’s statement daily
- Deposit daily Revenue Collection (Cash & Cheques) to designated bank.
- Check and certify Cash Journals, Cashier Statements, Cash Deposit Slips and Cash Clearing forms.
- Monitor the use and reimbursement of revenue stamps used for the collection of revenue.
- Act as relief cashier when necessary: Receiving cheques and cash for payment from consumers’ for electricity Charges and other non- electricity charges.
- Prepare and record refund of Meter Deposits to consumers.
- Communicate with colleagues to seek clarification on matters they have presented and escalate any complex issues or areas of concern to Customer Services Officer.
- Generate all New Service, COT, Meter Change, Voltage Change, Permanent & Temporary Shift and Removal of Service applications in keeping with departments’ procedures.
- Attend to Consumers’ complaints to have timely acknowledgement and response to Customer queries and correspondences.
- Coordinate work activities with subordinates to meet desired targets and whenever required escalate all staffing concerns to the Customer Services Officer.
- Meet with subordinates regularly to share achievement in Key Performance Indicator areas and effectively disseminate information on customer related activities.
- Monitor the activities of all employees under your area of responsibility for compliance with the procedures and policy of the Company and the department.
- Manage the welfare of and development of direct reports through coaching, monitoring, preparation of performance appraisals and recommendation of required training and development programmes.
- Provides guidance to staff through coaching, mentoring and training, providing assistance and support as needed.
- Communicate with responsible personnel from other departments to follow up / through on all outstanding mattes before the established time and escalate same to Customer Services Officer where necessary.
- Assist with budgeting and monitoring cost within Unit/Section.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations and promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Ordinary Diploma in Commerce (G.T.I) plus five (5) subjects C.X.C. including English Language and Mathematics, along with Certificate in Computer Studies with two (2) years relevant experience within a Customer Services Environment.
Five (5) subjects C.X.C/ G.C.E. Ordinary Level, including English Language and Mathematics, plus Certificate in Computer Studies with five (5) years relevant experience within a Customer Services environment.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than June 21, 2019.