Senior Clerk – Customer Services Division – Bartica
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to impending vacancy of Senior Clerk – Customer Services Division – Bartica.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of a high quality of service to our customers.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Check and Balance Cash and Cheques received and cashier’s statement daily.
- Deposit of daily Revenue Collection (Cash & Cheques) to designated bank daily.
- Monitor the use and reimbursement of revenue stamps used for the collection of revenue.
- Act as relief cashier when necessary: Receiving cheques and cash for payment from consumers’ for electricity Charges and other non- electricity charges.
- Prepare and record refund of Meter Deposits to consumers.
- Activate all new service accounts, and complete maintenance for all COT’s, Meter Chance, Final & Manual bill accounts for both pre-paid and post-paid accounts.
- Upload and Download cycle’s routes for meter reading in MVRS, and generating Pre-Exception reports for Billing Cycles.
- Run pre-exception processing, bill processing and preparing adjustments for meter change, theft of electricity, billing audits and other adjustment batches in keeping with billing schedule.
- Generate all New Service, COT, Meter Change, Voltage Change, Permanent & Temporary Shift and Removal of Service applications in keeping with departments’ procedures.
- Generate of required and approved service orders to other departments and the preparing of payment receipts, Capital Contribution Invoice and adjustment Letters for customers in keeping with departments’ procedures.
- Attend to Consumers’ complaints to have timely acknowledgement and response to Customer queries and correspondences.
- Supervise revenue collection activity (disconnection and reconnection of accounts) and escalate any un-authorized reconnection and other information brought in or reported by disconnection contractors or meter readers to supervisor.
- Monitor accounts under query and special payment terms and assist with the following-up of customers payments of arrears via revenue collection activity (disconnection and reconnection).
- Communicate with colleagues to seek clarification on matters they have presented and escalate any complex issues or areas of concern to supervisor.
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of procedures & policies of the company, division and department.
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Prepare monthly –statistical and accounting data for the following activities;
- Accounting and Administrative activities.
- Commercial Activities (Statistics).
- Attendance Reports.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorised Officer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Required Qualifications and Experience
Four (5) subjects C.S.E.C, including English Language and Mathematics (Grades I-III), with three (3) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Thursday, April 28, 2022.