Senior Audit Technician – Internal Audit Department – Duke Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Senior Audit Technician within the Internal Audit Department – Duke Street, Kingston.
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Supervisor (Technical), the incumbent will be responsible for checking internal control system and procedures for Company Operations (T & D, Metering and Generation) in order to detect control deficiencies and weaknesses and recommend appropriate solution. Assist in carrying out investigations of both internal and external theft of company property.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Assist Internal Audit Supervisor in ensuring GPL accomplishes its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of its T & D, Metering and Generation Operations.
- Assist in implementing audit plans and programs to routinely evaluate controls for the company’s Operations. Transmission & Distributions, Systems Planning & Design, Systems Control & Engineering Services, Metering and Generation.
- Conduct periodical and ongoing audit checks and verifications of all records, documents and systems to ensure compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls.
- Conduct checks and verification of three phase metering and associated circuitry to ensure accuracy, legality and adherence to standards and procedures.
- Conduct checks and verification of all overhaul and repairs to company’s electrical motors, alternators and related circuitry.
- Participate in the energizing of H.V. Distribution Circuits when the need arises.
- Assist in carrying out field inspections to effectively execute investigations.
- Submit report of findings and work done along with appropriate recommendation in each audit assignment to the Audit Officer via the Internal Audit Supervisor.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information arising out of each investigation and all matter within the Operations Department.
- Promote the sharing of best practices across the Company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Thorough knowledge of principles as it relates to T & D systems, Metering Installation and Generations Operations
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to work and think independently
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- High level of proficiency in problem solving related to increased operating efficiency
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship
Required Qualifications and Experience
Six (6) subjects CXC include Mathematics and English PLUS Ordinary Technical Diploma in Electrical Engineering (GTI) with four (4) years relevant experience in Network/Generation Operations/Auditing.
Technician’s Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Part 11) with six (6) years relevant experience in Network/Generation Operations/Auditing.
Salary Scale: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Wednesday, February 08, 2023.