Senior Audit Clerk – Internal Audit Department
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Senior Audit Clerk within the Internal Audit Department – Duke Street.
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Supervisor (Non-Technical), the incumbent will be responsible for checking internal controls, procedures, detect control deficiencies and weaknesses, and recommend appropriate solution. Assist in carrying out investigations of both internal and external theft of company property.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Assist Internal Audit Supervisor in ensuring GPL accomplishes its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of GPL.
- Assist in implementing and preparation of draft audit plans and draft audit programs to routinely evaluate controls for the company’s operations.
- Conduct periodic and ongoing audit checks and verifications of all records, documents and systems to ensure compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls.
- File all documents and reports for future references.
- Retrieve data from Advance Utility, Customer Information System (CIS), Oracle and (Prepaid) database, prepare and generate reports as requested.
- Assist in carrying out field inspections to execute audits, effectively.
- Submit report of findings and work done along with appropriate recommendation in each audit assignment to the Audit Officer via the Internal Audit Supervisor.
- Require to travel out of town (at short notice) for the purpose of conducting audits.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information arising from investigations and all matters within the Department.
- Attend training courses conducted by the Internal Audit Department or the company.
- Promote the sharing of best practices across the Company.
- Must be professional in your conduct.
- Ensure that safety codes and standard line practices are adhered to within the Company.
- Providing leadership and guidance over the work of subordinate auditing staff and assuming full responsibility in the supervisor’s absence.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- High level of proficiency in problem solving related to increased operating efficiency.
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to work and think independently
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship.
- Result Oriented.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Six (6) subjects C.X.C. inclusive of Mathematics and English Language (Grade I or II) and Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) level 3 or its’ equivalent, with at least three (3) years related auditing or accounting experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than January 28, 2022.