Senior Legal Clerk
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Senior Legal Clerk within the Legal & Regulatory Department – Duke Street.
Under the general direction of the Legal Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for performing routine clerical & secretarial duties involved in the processing and filing of a variety of legal documents.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Receive and file documents and vital records; maintain all files and case correspondences as keeper of files and records;
- Ensure that all files are accounted for and updated regularly;
- Ensure that a proper filing system is in place;
- Responsible for preparing a variety of legal documents such as briefs and pleadings, in addition to standard office correspondences;
- Attend Court with In-House or External Counsel and maintain records of proceedings, when required;
- Receive, route and document telephone calls on the appropriate form, schedule appointments and follow up and participate in meetings when required;
- Maintain records of meetings with customers and other individuals;
- Process inactive accounts received from Commercial Division, Judgments received and invoices for payment from External Counsel for legal services provided;
- Update and maintain the multiple databases of the Legal Department;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of the operations of the various Courts Registries in Guyana
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Responsible and able to meet deadlines
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects CSEC, including Mathematics and English Language at Grades I & II with three (3) years’ experience with at least two (2) years in the legal field as a Legal Clerk or a similar position with knowledge of the courts and their procedures.
Salary Scale: GE: 4
How to Apply
Applications along with your Curriculum Vitae, should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than Monday, August 07, 2023.