Senior Asset Verification Clerk
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Senior Asset Verification Clerk within the Internal Audit Department – Duke Street.
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for conducting daily verification of Inventory Movement in accordance with approved procedures and internal controls.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Conduct daily verification of all materials issued by the Transmission & Distribution Central Stores, Sophia, in accordance with established accounting Standard, procedures and internal control process.
- Verify the accuracy of materials issued to user departments and completeness of approved Material Requisition Note and Stock Transfer Note.
- Conduct verification of entries in Security Log Register and confirm that the Material Requisition Note and Stock Transfer Note were dispatched to the required department/location.
- Verify that all materials are accurately posted to the Inventory Management system and Bin Cards are updated accordingly.
- Maintain copies of supporting Material Requisition Notes and Stock Transfer Notes for Internal Audit Department Records. Filed all documents and reports for future references.
- Prepare Weekly Report on verification exercise and submitted to reporting supervisor for review.
- Document and present for review observations noted, including implications and recommendations.
- Attend training courses conducted by the Internal Audit Division or the company.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information arising out of each audit, and all matters within the Internal Audit Division.
- Required to carry out audits at various GPL locations (at short notice).
- Establish and maintain professional and effective working relationship with team and other staff.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Good Interpersonal Skill
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to do critical thinking
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must have mathematical abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationship
- Excellent interpersonal and customer oriented skills
- Ability to proof read giving attention to details
Required Qualifications and Experience
Six (6) subjects CSEC inclusive of Mathematics and English Language Grades(I-II) and Certificate Accounting Technician (CAT) level I or its’ equivalent with at least two (2) years related audit experience.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, August 18, 2023.