Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant positions for Security Guards – within the Field Services Department – Sheriff Street, West Demerara and Garden of Eden locations.
Under the direction and control of the Chief Security Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for safeguarding the company’s property and the lives and property of the employees as well as persons who visit the company on Legal business.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
Check the location before relief for the following:-
b) Security of all doors, windows and vehicles and other moveable/immoveable property
c) To ensure that all perimeter fences and lighting facilities are intact.
d) Any fire hazards or suspicious objects
- Prepare hand over/takeover statements which must be signed and checked by relief guard.
- Make half hourly checks of the premise and have same recorded.
- Issue and receive keys for all buildings within the location and record the person receiving and lodging same.
- Check all vehicles entering and leaving the compound also record the registration number and driver.
- Challenge visitor entering the compound, requesting their name, address and reason for visit (give direction when necessary).
- Search all persons, bags and packages for firearm, knife, explosive device or any other instrument before entering the location using body scanner and metal detector.
- Switch on night lights and secure all entrances prior to the hours of darkness.
- Ensure that all equipment leaving the compound must have the necessary gate pass.
- Report any unusual occurrence or incidents to the Chief Security Officer without delay.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by a duly authorized officer of the Division.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Must be able to give attention to details
- Ability to Communicate clearly
- Knowledge of Public Safety and security
- Ability to process customer in friendly manner
- Ability to recognize when something is wrong
- Ability to concentrate over a long period of time
Required Qualifications and Experience
Sound Secondary Education with three (3) years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 22, 2022.