Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the Caribbean Investment Facility (CIF) of the European Union (EU) towards the cost of a Power Utility Upgrade Program and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to eligible payments under a contract of services for a SCADA Technician for Guyana Power and Light Inc.
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of SCADA Technician within the SCADA Unit, System Control and Engineering Services Department- Sophia, Georgetown.
The objective of the post is to support GPL’s system operations by generating SCADA reports and conducting operational functions such as: recommend outages, schedule generation on merit order, report transmission limits and limit violations and utilize Energy Management Systems (EMS).
Under the direction of the Senior SCADA System Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible as follows:
Essentials of the Job
- Assist the SCADA Section engineers in the hardware, computer networks issues, operating systems, and software issues related to the SCADA section scope.
- Report and resolve technical computer malfunctions and anomalies with end users.
- Support the end-users in operating the IT equipment, systems and services (e.g. PC issues & programs).
- Participate in computer systems backup/restore and regular check-up activities.
- Assist in managing the software library. Collect and prepare hardware inventory registration and maintenance log/ summary reports.
- Undertake data entry into applications/databases; evaluate resulting data and edit /run simple programs or scripts.
- Replenish computer consumables.
- Participate with system engineers in hardware and software testing, commissioning, monitoring & substitution / upgrading.
- Participate in computer systems documentation. Following up internal variance orders.
- Assist in editing and publishing the department’s technical reports.
- Participate in other IT Projects.
- Perform other assignments as necessary to implement and achieve SCADA section goals.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Applicant is required to have an Associate Degree or Diploma in Telecommunications/Electrical/Mechanical or its equivalent from an accredited institution with five (5) years’ experience. SCADA experience would be considered an asset. The successful candidate will receive specialised on-the-job training during the first year of service.
Applicants must be from an Inter-American Development Bank’s member country or recognized as eligible by the European Union under its applicable regulations on procurement.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to:
Deputy Human Resources Manager
Guyana Power and Light Inc.
257/259 Middle Street Annex
Email: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com