SCADA Operations Analyst
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the Caribbean Investment Facility (CIF) of the European Union (EU) towards the cost of a Power Utility Upgrade Program and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to eligible payments under a contract of services for a SCADA Operations Analyst for Guyana Power and Light Inc.
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of SCADA Operations Analyst within the Operations Division, Georgetown.
The objective of the post is to support GPL’s system operations by generating SCADA reports and conducting operational functions such as: recommend outages, schedule generation on merit order, report transmission limits and limit violations and utilize Energy Management Systems (EMS) including AGC, load flow and contingency studies.
Under the direction of the Divisional Director-Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible as follows:
Essentials of the Job
- Extract SCADA reports as required and ability to extract troubleshooting reports related to the real time operation or simulation studies
- Create and maintain Grid topology modeling of the network and associate analog measurements with electrical equipment, create static network parameters (lines, transformers, transformer taps, ground resistors, shunt devices, generators, loads)
- Filter measurements through a State Estimator, launch AGC, input short term Load Forecasting, and run Load Flow and Fault studies
- Ability to conduct operational studies for load flow and contingency analysis, and assess impacts of outage schedules.
- Provide reports on system limit violations and SCADA reports from main outages.
- Divisional target on key performance indicators for monthly, quarterly, annual and multi-year time frame as well as their current status
- Quarterly and annual divisional budgets and reports; On-demand plans, reports and presentations
- Extract summary of daily operation results including energy generation, load demand and interruption to customers
- Monthly, quarterly, annual and multi-year key performance indicators for each generator, transmission line and distribution feeder
- Annual reliability performance target for each generator, transmission line and distribution feeder
- Manage databases, including but is not limited to data security
- Capable of working extended hours
Required Qualifications and Experience
Applicant is required to have a Bachelors of Science/Engineering Degree in Power/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent from an accredited institution with five (5) years’ experience. The successful candidate will receive specialised on-the-job training during the first year of service.
Applicants must be from an Inter-American Development Bank member country or recognized as eligible by the European Union under its applicable regulations on procurement.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to:
Deputy Human Resources Manager
Guyana Power and Light Inc.
257/259 Middle Street Annex,
Email: email@example.com, cc:firstname.lastname@example.org, soglegplinc.com