Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Refrigeration Technician, which exist within the Facilities Department – Middle Street.
Under the direction and control of the Electrical Foreman/Civil Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, repairs and overhaul of heating, ventilating and Air Conditioning Systems within the company.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
- Troubleshoot, repair and overhaul equipment such as Air Compressor Pump, Air Handler, Air Dryer, Heat Exchanger, other Environmental Change Device and other mechanical equipment or electrical pneumatic and electronic components.
- Install, maintain or repair pneumatic valves, electric valves, heat transfer equipment, ventilation and air distribution equipment.
- Install and replace all types of pump or refrigeration equipment according to prints, specification, diagrams or other instructions.
- Read gauge and instrument and adjust mechanism such as valves, controls and pumps to control level of fluid pressure and distribution in systems.
- Operate various refrigeration recovery equipment in compliance, with EPA guidelines.
- Solders with SIL-FOS and Silver Solder, layout and pipe fitting.
- Test malfunctioning systems and components using electrical, mechanical digital and pneumatic controls.
- Maintains cooling tower and Tower Distribution systems.
- Assist in Preparing estimates and Request For Purchase form for materials and supplies for repairs and installation of equipment.
- Perform planned maintenance, regular servicing and repairs to refrigeration equipment of all types, size and temperatures gauges.
- Maintain require tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability of equipment in safe operation conditions.
- Ensure that working environment is clean and safe.
- Assist in maintaining a record of all tools and equipment in the section.
- Assist in maintaining records of all reports done to equipment and these future services.
- Coordinate work schedule with Departments in order to complete works efficiently and to keep inconvenience to a minimum.
- Provide technical direction for Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) Service workers.
- Respond to emergency situation during or after normal working hours to resolve immediate safety concerns.
- Maintain strict compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Laws of Guyana.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Three (3) CXC subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English Language PLUS Craft Certificate in Refrigeration Servicing from Government Technical Institute or an Accredited Institution, with three (3) years’ experience in the in the relevant field.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than October 11, 2019.