Purchasing Supervisor – Fuel – Procurement Department – Main Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Purchasing Supervisor Fuel within Procurement Department – Main Street.
Under the direction of the – Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the activities and arrangements for local procurement of Light Fuel Oil (LFO) and lubricants, as well as Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) from overseas supplier(s) on behalf of the Company.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Prepare monthly fuel requirements forecast in accordance with the quantities stipulated in the established fuel contract. This forecast is submitted one (1) month in advance to the Contracted Fuel Suppliers.
- Ensure that fuel suppliers send Proforma Invoices ahead of each shipment showing the quantity of fuel to be received.
- Prepare Customs Clearance though the Guyana Revenue Authority for each shipment using the Proforma Invoice received.
- Respond to request from Supplier and provide information for nomination at GPL Inc. fuel receiving Ports: Kingston, Vreed-en-Hoop and Garden of Eden.
- Liaise with local Shipping Agents regarding outturns for filing with Guyana Revenue Authority’s Boat House for ASYCUDA clearance.
- Send out Notice of Readiness to all receiving ports regarding the date and time that the vessel would be arriving at each port and the quantity of fuel that is expected to be discharged at the respective ports.
- Ensure the receipt of fuel and verifying correctness of all documentation, before certifying invoices to that will be processed by the Finance Department for payment.
- Co-ordinate the purchase of Light Fuel Oil (LFO) and Lubricants from local suppliers for the various Power Stations using the daily usage report for LFO and Inventory Stock Requests from the Stations for lubricants:
- Raise Request for Purchase (RFP) for LFO;
- Seek quotations from local fuel companies to determine most comparative price: Rubis, SOL and Guyoil;
- Select from among the companies for the most competitive price.
- Ensure adequate supplies of lubricants for various Generating Stations at all times.
- Prepare Monthly Report for the Guyana Energy Agency regarding fuel purchases both local and foreign, as well as lubricants and a Monthly Fuel Report to the Finance Department.
- Ensure timely payments to all suppliers: fuel, transportation services and lubricants, annual compliance of Fuel Licences from the Guyana Energy Agency, Duty Free letters from GRA for fuel and lubricants purchases are always current.
- Orient, mentor, appraise and coach Direct Reports in an effort to aid their development of the requisite job skills and where necessary take action to improve performance.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Proficient with most Microsoft office applications
- Supervisory Skills
- Knowledge of Procurement Management Software
- Exemplary Customer Service Skills, including dealing efficiently with the public
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to deliver consistent performance
- Conversant with the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License and National Procurement Act
- Knowledge of Contract Law in its application to purchase process
- Knowledge of local and foreign purchase using Guyana Revenue Authority requirements
Required Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana plus certificates in Computer Studies with three (3) years relevant experience.
Diploma in Public Management or Accountancy from University of Guyana or its’ equivalent from an Accredited Institution plus certificates in Computer Studies with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, June 3, 2022.