Project Officer (Civil) – Major Projects Department – Middle Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our team at Guyana Power and Light Inc.
In this regard, G.P.L Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Project Officer- Civil– within the Major Projects Department, Middle Street, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Head- Civil Engineering Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for all administrative and technical functions associated with the position as it relates to the specific projects being executed by the Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assist in supervising the preparation of all civil designs and specifications for civil work to be executed.
- Assist the Head – Civil Unit in the validation of all civil designs, drawings and specifications prepared by Contractors.
- Monitor all civil works being executed and certify payments where necessary during execution of these works.
- Assist with the preparation of bid/contract documents for invitation of tenders for civil works.
- Assist in the evaluation of such tenders and making recommendations, thereon.
- Advise the Head – Civil Unit on improved techniques, programmes and technical standards pertinent to all civil works being executed.
- Advise the Head – Civil Unit on changes being implemented in the scope of work during the contract execution, and the variations arising there from.
- Assist the Head – Civil Unit in ensuring that accurate construction records are properly maintained, including “As built” drawings.
- Attend with the Head – Civil Unit formal meetings, when necessary.
- Maintain a daily/weekly reporting system for the briefing of the Head – Civil Unit.
- Liaise with the Head – Civil Unit as it relates to quality control of all civil works being executed on the project.
- Provide administrative/technical support to the Head – Civil Unit and Program Manager during Project Implementation including certifying payments of the Consultants: certifying “As built drawings on behalf of the Owner; and providing information and/or presentations during meetings with shareholders, stakeholders, and other interest groups.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorised Officer.
- Drive the Company’s vehicles (as required) provided being a licensed driver.
|· Use of Microsoft Projects and Auto CAD
|· Practical application of Engineering Science & Technology
|· Be conversant with relevant law, and regulations of Guyana and GPL policies and rules
|· Conversant with ISO 9001 Quality Management System
|· Ability to review and interpret construction blueprint and specifications
Required Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Guyana or equivalent from an accredited institution with three (3) years relevant experience.
Diploma in Civil Engineering with five (5) years relevant experience.
Technician Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering with seven (7) years relevant experience.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with JM ‘C’ emoluments.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Friday, December 15, 2023.