Closing Date July 23, 2019 closed
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of Procurement Officer within the Procurement Department – Main Street.
Under the general direction of the Procurement Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to manage all Local and Foreign Purchases Supervisors, Buyers and Expediter.
- Makes professional procurement decisions in a fast-paced environment as it relates to Tender Board’s regulations and procedures taking into account relevant Laws and Policies for procurement of goods and services.
- Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies in consultation with departmental needs.
- Reviews and analyzes all Contractual Agreements of vendors/ suppliers and providers of services in keeping with legal requirements.
- Ensures that the products and supplies are high quality and comply with specifications.
- Maintains records of purchases, pricing and other important data and ensuring that data is securely backed up.
- Maintains a system of tracking RFPs and Pos and generates reports to user Departments.
- Prepare Expressions of Interests, Tenders and Contract Agreements.
- Maintain research and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development and suppliers.
- Keeps abreast of changes in procurement best practice and legislative compliance.
- Expedites clearance of imported goods in compliance with Guyana Revenue Authority’s procedures.
- Prepares and submit monthly procurement reports to the Procurement Manager.
- Manages the welfare and development of direct reports through leadership of effective objective setting, communication, guidance, coaching, mentoring, performance appraisals, training and development assistance.
- Establishes parameters for compliance with internal control procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all Health and Safety regulations.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Logistics or a relevant field with two (2) years experience in Procurement Management.
- Certification/ Membership to the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- A Diploma in Business Administration, Logistics or a relevant field with five (5) years experience in Procurement Management.
Alternatively: Fifteen (15) years experience in the field of Procurement Management
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than July 23, 2019.