Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position that of Accountant – within the Procurement Department –Main Street, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Procurement Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for providing procurement and administrative support to the Procurement Manager.
- Prepares and monitors Investment Agreement, Procurement Plan and all other relevant documents required by Regulatory Agencies.
- Certifies payments made to local and foreign fuel suppliers.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring departmental budget.
- Prepares suppliers’ payment reconciliations as required by the Finance Department and/or Senior Management.
- Prepares financial analysis/business cases as required for purchase justification.
- Maintains a system for tracking KPIs relative to RFPs and Pos and generate reports as required.
- Assists the Procurement Officer in making professional procurement decisions in a fast- paced environment as it relates to Tender Board’s regulations and procedures taking into account relevant Laws and Policies for procurement of goods and services.
- Reviews and analyzes financial aspects of Contractual Agreements between GPL and vendors/suppliers to ensure accuracy.
- Maintains records of all financial analysis and other important data and ensuring that data is securely backed up.
- Assists in the preparation of Expression of Interests, Tenders and Contract Agreements.
- Keeps abreast of changes in procurement best practice and legislative compliance.
- Establishes parameters for compliance with internal control procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all Health and Safety regulations.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors of Social Science degree in Accounting with at least five (5) years experience in a similar Management role in an industrial environment.
ACCA Level III with at least three (3) years experience in a similar Management role in an Industrial environment.
Alternatively Ten (10) years experience in a similar management role in an industrial environment.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than July 23, 2019.