Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of a Plumber, within the Facilities Department – Sophia.
Under the general supervision of the Foreman Carpenter/Joiner, the incumbent will be responsible for installation, repairs and maintenance of all plumbing systems and facilities within the company.
- Plan and complete all necessary steps in the installation, maintenance, repairs and servicing of all plumbing systems (portable water, drainage and sewer systems).
- Install repair and maintain chilled water, steam, heat, gas, drainage, sewage and other plumbing systems.
- Troubleshoot instances of system malfunctions, interruptions and failures.
- Operate reamers, threading disks, sewer tapes, pipe cutters and other plumbing equipment and hand tools.
- Inspect joints, valves, pumps, boilers, sinks commodes, tanks and other plumbing system components to locate malfunction, repair and replace, when necessary.
- Study plans, drawings, specification and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of repairs and /or installations.
- Perform preventative maintenance works as required.
- Prepare estimates for materials for assignments
- Ensure that working environment is clean and safe.
- Coordinate work schedules with other departments in order to complete works efficiently and reduce inconveniences.
- Respond to emergency situation during or after normal working hours to resolve immediate safety concerns.
- Adhere to the highest standards of quality and safety and maintain strict compliance with the occupational safety and health and environmental laws of Guyana.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Three (3) subjects C.S.EC. inclusive of Mathematics, English Language (Grade 1-111 passes) plus a Craft Certificate course in Plumbing from GTI with three (3) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through Departmental Heads to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than January 30, 2020.