Plumber – Facilities Department – Sophia
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Plumber – Facilities Department – Sophia.
Under the general supervision of the Foreman Carpenter/Joiner, the incumbent will be responsible for installation, repairs and maintenance of all plumbing systems and facilities within the company
- Plan and complete all necessary steps in the installation, maintenance, repairs and servicing of all plumbing systems (portable water, drainage and sewer systems).
- Install repair and maintain chilled water, steam, heat, gas, drainage, sewerage and other plumbing systems.
- Troubleshoot instances of system malfunctions, interruptions and failures.
- Operate reamers, threading disks, sewer tapes, pipe cutters and other plumbing equipment and hand tools.
- Inspect joints, valves, pumps, boilers, sinks commodes, tanks and other plumbing system components to locate malfunction, repair and replace, when necessary.
- Study plans, drawings, specifications and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of repairs and /or installations.
- Perform preventative maintenance works as required.
- Prepare estimates for materials for assignments
- Ensure that working environment is clean and safe.
- Coordinate work schedules with other departments and shop in order to complete works efficiently and to keep inconvenience to a minimum.
- Respond to emergency situation during or after normal working hours to resolve immediate safety concerns.
- Adhere to the highest standards of quality and safety and maintain strict compliance with the occupational safety and health and environmental laws of Guyana.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge standard practices, processes and related tools, equipment and materials common to the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes
- Knowledge of the mechanical operation of equipment such as pumps boilers, heaters and other plumbing components.
- Skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems.
- Good Interpersonal Skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
Three (3) subjects C.S.EC. Including Mathematics, English Language (Grade 1-111) plus Craft Certificate in Plumbing from GTI with three (3) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, February 18, 2022.