Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Operations Technicians, which exist within the Diesel Generation Department – SOPHIA.
Under the general supervision of the Operations and Maintenance Foreman, the incumbent will be responsible for ensure the smooth operations of the operating system.
- Assist in stopping and starting of the Diesel Generator Set
- Take mechanical log readings
- Assist with maintenance and repairs to engine, auxiliaries and other related services, under strict supervision.
- Responsible for checking and topping up oil.
- Greasing and lubricating auxiliaries according to greasing and lubrication schedules.
- Operate and monitor all engine and auxiliaries system and document accurate recording of data obtained from various monitoring devices.
- Comply with the Company safety rules and environmental practices that govern the operations of equipment and surroundings.
- Check engine and auxiliaries’ parameters, periodically to identify the jacket water, lube oil, main bearing, cylinder exhaust and its associated pressures and temperatures.
- Assist in the racking into position all breakers according to standard operating procedures.
- Under supervision carry out operational duties of all other plant equipment.
- Evaluate data from log sheet and anticipate faults.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Technician’s Certificate in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Part II, from G.T.I., or its equivalent, with at least two (2) years relevant experience.
Technician Certificate in Electrical Engineering Part II, from G.T.I. or its equivalent, with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience.
Electrical Engineering Technician Craft Certificate from GTI or its equivalent, with at least four (4) years relevant experience.
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal & Oral)
- Ability to give attentive to details
- Basic knowledge of practical engineering science technology.
- Thorough knowledge of the operations of Power Generation, Distribution and associated auxiliary equipment
- Knowledge of basic engine and auxiliaries’ parameters
- Knowledge of Power Plant monitoring systems.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Manager Human Resources Services, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, November 13, 2020.
G.P.L Inc. being an equal opportunity employer!!!