Operations Technician III – Diesel Generation Department – Wakenaam
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power and Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Operations Technician III – within the Diesel Generation Department – WAKENAAM
Under the general supervision of the Operations and Maintenance Foreman, the incumbent Carry out any repairs and maintenance to the engine and auxiliaries to sustain generation capability.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Comply with the Company safety rules and environmental practices that govern the operations of equipment and surroundings.
- Under supervision carry out any major or top overhauls to any engine and auxiliaries.
- Carry out with the minimum supervision all tasks required for routine maintenance example: 500, 1,000, 2,000 services and other related services.
- Under supervision carry out any repairs to engine and its auxiliaries example: turbochargers, exhaust manifold systems fuel, air, water and lube oil systems.
- Under supervision servicing of cylinder heads, piston and con-rod assemblies, fuel pump and injectors. Raw water pumps, cooling water pumps, lube oil pumps
- Under supervision, can be called to carry out operational duties of the plant and equipment.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of operational systems parameters
- Team Oriented
- Knowledge of the location of firefighting equipment and its use
- Awareness of health and safety codes
Required Qualifications and Experience
- G.T.I. Technician Course in Mechanical Engineering., or its equivalent, with at least two (2) years relevant experience.
- Apprenticeship Training in Mechanical Discipline or Diesel Generation along with one (1) year technician’s programme
- Four (4) subjects C.S.E.C. /C.A.P.E. including Mathematics , English A and Industrial Technology
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through your Departmental Head to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than August 12, 2021.