Supervisor – Customer Service Department – West Demerara
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Supervisor – Customer Service Department – West Demerara.
Under the general direction of the Customer Service Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the general administration of the department, delivery of a high quality service and meeting required targets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Implement measures set out by the Customer Service Officer to monitor all customer related activities in line with Performance Plan.
- Coordinate work activities with direct reports to meet desired targets and whenever required escalate all resource concerns to the Customer Service Officer.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports in accordance with work plans, by conducting continuous assessment, giving required feedback and recommending training needs or disciplinary measures to improve performance.
- Meet with subordinates regularly to share achievement in relevant Performance areas.
- Timely deposit of daily collection, update of cash and adjustment batches.
- Create Prepaid Accounts and generate the relevant service orders to MIU in keeping with CSS.
- Verify documentation for Service Applications and approve payment agreements within set limits.
- Recheck Committee Report for Change of Tenancy.
- Manage Cashier Manual Receipt Books.
- Monitor the activities of your direct reports for compliance with all Customer Service Procedures and policy of the Division and the Company.
- Comply with all Customer Service Procedures and Policies.
- Communicate with responsible personnel from other departments to follow up /follow through on all outstanding mattes before the established time and escalate same to Customer Service officer where necessary.
- Deal with complex issues that cannot be dealt with expeditiously by your direct reports.
- Request all necessary access/ resource that is necessary for your direct report to function in an effectively and efficiently.
- Compile and submit monthly performance reports on or before requested time to Customer Service Officer.
- Monitor cost within area of responsibility in line with approved budget.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health regulations and procedure and report any infraction/incident/ accident in relation to same promptly to Customer Service Officer or Occupation Safety and Health Officer.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an authorized officer.
- Knowledge of CIS functions
- Ability to interpret an analyze data
- Knowledge of other computer software associated with customer service information
- Working knowledge of the Standard Terms and Conditions of Electric Services, Electricity Sector Reform Act, GPL’s License
- Ability to supervise operation effectively
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read all types of meters
- Ability to operate hand held device
- Ability to deal with all matters related to meter reading
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Business Management or Public Administration or Accountancy/ Communication from the University of Guyana with at least five (5) years relevant experience.
Five (5) subjects CSEC (Grades I – III) plus A.C.C.A Level 11, with a Certificate in Computer Studies, with at least six (6) years relevant experience at a supervisory level
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or by email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, October 3, 2022.