Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Network Designer within the System Planning and Design Department, Middle Street, Georgetown.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Network Designer, the incumbent is responsible for producing implementable network designs, estimates and bills of quantities for modifications to the primary and/or secondary distribution network.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Visit and conduct site surveys as deemed necessary by any functional superior.
- Prepare network designs, bills of quantities of line hardware materials, and cost estimates for modifications to the distribution network.
- Investigate all Service Orders to ensure compliance with the company’s Operating Standards & Performance Targets.
- Assist with the compilation of information to update the distribution network.
- Assist with coordinating voltage and current checks/measurements for capital works and related jobs.
- Identify and communicate opportunities, which can support the department to achieve its goals, objectives and targets; inclusive of but not limited to suggesting appropriate actions to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Coach and train direct reports to develop requisite job related knowledge and skill sets to be effective.
- Comply with the Company’s Safety Rules and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited Institution and six (6) years’ experience of working in a related field.
- Technician’s Diploma in Electrical Engineering or a Higher Technical Diploma, or an Ordinary Technical Diploma from the Government Technical Institute with ten (10) years’ experience within a Transmission & Distribution or System Planning & Design Department.
- Certificate – Board of Industrial Training (electrical) with twelve (12) years’ of relevant experience, including knowledge of GPL’s Transmission & Distribution Network and Network Design Standard.
- Must be familiar with basic aspects of Project Management.
- Skill in the use of AutoCAD along with thorough understanding of other computer software
- Knowledge of Primary and Secondary Distribution Network
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of electrical schematics sufficient to interpret and modify/design as needed
- Skill in reading, interpreting and preparing electrical diagrams
- The ability to handle multiple task and meet deadlines
- Ability to attend to details
How to Apply
Applications and curriculum vitae should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than December 27, 2019.