Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Network Designer within the System Planning and Design Department, Middle Street.
Under the general supervision of Senior Network Designer, the incumbent will be responsible for producing implementable Network Designs, Estimates and Bills for modifications to the primary and/or secondary Distribution Network.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Visit and conduct sites surveys as deemed necessary by any functional superior.
- Prepare network designs, bills of quantities of line hardware materials, and cost estimates for modifications to the distribution network.
- Investigate all Service Orders to ensure compliance with the company’s Operating Standards & Performance Targets.
- Assist with the complying of information to aid in the updates of the distribution network.
- Assist with coordinating voltage and current checks/measurements for capital works and related jobs.
- Identify and communicate opportunities, which can support the department to achieve its goals, objectives and targets, inclusive of suggesting appropriate actions to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Coach and train direct reports to develop requisite job related knowledge and skill sets to be effective.
- Comply with the Company’s Safety Rules and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited Institution plus six (6) years’ relevant experience.
Technician’s Diploma in Electrical Engineering or a Higher Technical Diploma, or an Ordinary Technical Diploma from GTI with ten (10) years’ experience within a Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Department or System Planning & Design Department.
Certificate – Board of Industrial Training (Electrical) with twelve (12) years’ relevant experience. Applicant must have knowledge of GPL’s T & D Network and Network Design Standard.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 27, 2020.