Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Meter Readers, which exists within the Customer Service Departments at New Amsterdam and Corriverton, Berbice.
Under the direction and control of the Customer Services Officer and/or Supervisor, the incumbent will be directly responsible for reading Energy Meters and taking notes of any irregularities or inaccuracies encountered within a specified area. Also, the incumbent must deliver a high quality of service to our customers and be responsible for the following duties:
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB:
- Read all meters listed in the Meter Reading Books/Handheld.
- Report any irregularities encountered.
- Re-read meters upon the request of the Supervisor.
- Assist the Senior Meter Reader in performing surveys when necessary.
- Submit written and oral reports for: –
- Meters listed in the incorrect place.
- Incorrect Meter Number.
- Inactive meters being active.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Four (4) subjects C.X.C or C.S.E.C (Grades 1-3) inclusive of English Language and Mathematics.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 13, 2020.