Meter Readers (CONTRACT)
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results-oriented professionals interested in joining our Team. In this regard, the Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applicants with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Meter Readers (CONTRACT) – within the Customer Services Department – MAIN STREET, GEORGETOWN and BARTICA, ESSEQUIBO RIVER, Locations.
Under the direction and control of the Supervisor, the incumbent will be directly responsible for reading Energy Meters and taking notes of any irregularities or inaccuracies encountered within a specified area also to deliver a high quality service to our customers and be responsible for the following duties:
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Read all Meters given in the cycle accurately and enter the data into the Handheld Units and/or Meter Sheets immediately.
- Ensure work is executed in the stipulated period, authorized by the Senior Meter Reader.
- Report on all irregularities found (Defective, Meter Taken Off, Cannot Find, Meter Read, and Not Reads).
- Comply with and be knowledgeable of procedures & policies of the company, division and department.
- Adhere to all safety procedures & regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Thorough knowledge of geographical locations.
- Ability to present legible written reports.
- Ability to make simple and accurate mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of company operations, license and standard terms and conditions.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Four (4) subjects Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) inclusive of English Language and Mathematics Grades (I-III) with at least one (1) year of relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street or by email email@example.com, Georgetown no later than August 07, 2023.