Meter Reader (Anna Regina)
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Meter Readers, which exist within the Customer Services Department, Anna Regina, Essequibo.
Under the direction and control of the Customer Services Officer and/or Supervisor, the incumbent will be directly responsible for reading of Energy Meters and taking notes of any irregularities or inaccuracies encountered within a specified area. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to deliver a high quality of service to our customers and hold responsibility for the following duties.
ESSENTIALS OF THE JOB
- Read all energy meters listed in the Meter Reading Books or Handheld devices
- Report any irregularities encountered during the execution of duties
- Re-read meters upon the instruction of the Supervisor.
- Assist the Senior Meter Reader in performing surveys when necessary.
- Submit written and oral reports for:-
- Meters listed in the incorrect place.
- Incorrect Meter Number.
- Inactive meters being active.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Four (4) subjects C.X.C or C.S.E.C (Grades 1-111 passes) inclusive of English Language and Mathematics.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than June 04, 2020.