Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power and Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacancy of Management Accountant – within the Finance Department – 40 Main Street, Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Chief Accountant, the incumbent will be responsible for providing reports to Executive Management, Divisional Directors and Line Managers by preparing, developing and analyzing Management Accounting Information for effective decision and advises them on potential overspending through analyzing variances and adverse deviation from budgets in a timely manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Produce timely and reliable management information reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, and when information is required by executive management.
- Review Divisional Analysis and submit to Chief Accountant.
- Review MoF, Cashflow and submit to Chief Accountant.
- Assist in the budgeting, planning and forecasting for the various Divisions and Sections.
- Prepare and Submit Skeldon Energy Inc. Report.
- Compile and Submit Public Enterprise Report.
- Provide guidance in the preparation of monthly Departmental Reports.
- Ensure that financial performance information is provided to the Ministry of Finance and other external agencies are accurate, clear and relevant.
- Orient, mentor and coach subordinate staff in an effort to aid their development of the requisite job skills.
- Participate in periodic reviews of strategies and procedures that will ensure that all financial and commercial activities are undertaken in full compliance with the provisions of the Electricity Sector Reform Act 1999 and the Standard Terms and Conditions for Electric Services.
- Participate in the reviews aimed at ensuring that Company Financial Policies and regulations are observed and authorized personnel function within the limits of their authority.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations. Promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
- Conducts continuous assessment and monitoring of staff work performance and development, taking steps to correct poor work performance.
- Orient, coach, mentor, train and appraise direct reports in keeping with their performance plan.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Ability to maintain and give attention to detail
- Analytical Skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Proficient in the development and application of appropriate accounting policies and procedures to International Accounting Standards.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication Skills.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance competing priorities.
- Knowledge of computer software used in the completion of reports.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Certified member of any global body for professional accountants (ACCA, CIMA, CPA or any other internationally recognized body) with five (5) years’ experience three (3) of which must be in a supervisory level.
BSc. Degree in Accountancy from the University of Guyana or A.C.C.A level II with seven (7) years’ experience five (5) of which must be in a supervisory level.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through your Departmental Heads to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than October 15, 2021.