Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
Terms of Reference
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the impending vacancy of a Maintenance Supervisor within the Diesel Generation Department, Anna Regina.
Under the general supervision of Generation Engineer, Essequibo, the incumbent will be responsible for the efficient mechanical and electrical maintenance of the Power Plant and its auxiliaries in accordance with the manufacturer specifications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Issue instructions to Direct Reports and supervise all types of mechanical and electrical maintenance works associated with the Power Station and Maintenance Workshop such as but not limited to stationery diesel engine and alternators, portable diesel engine and auxiliary (pumps, compressors, purifiers, general mechanical workshop practice, welding, fabrication etc.).
- Read blue prints and issue instructions to direct reports to start and shutdown operations on all parts of the Plant and equipment in accordance with standing instructions and operational practices.
- Ensure all staff observe standing safety codes of conduct and perform regular thorough checks on the performance and conditions of all parts of the running plant and equipment entrusted into the care of maintenance personnel in order to ensure that the best operating conditions are maintained.
- During the execution of maintenance work on the Plant and associated equipment, any defects identified should be corrected and reported to the Operation and Maintenance Superintendent. Any defects beyond your ability to remedy should also be reported to the Operation and Maintenance Superintendent.
- Perform regular and thorough checks on readings logged, examine any abnormalities and take corrective action where necessary. Also, perform periodic peak pressure tests and crank shaft deflections.
- Ensure standing work permit and fault cards are issued before any type of maintenance work is performed on the Plant and associated equipment. Following inspection, ensure same is properly isolated and made safe to proceed.
- Supervise the top and major overhauls according to the original equipment manufacturer specifications.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, monthly routine maintenance activities are carried out as per schedule.
- Examine in conjunction with the Operations and Maintenance Superintendent or Diesel Generation Engineer all plant or equipment after release from maintenance to ensure satisfactory conditions exist for safe operations.
- Exercise effective discipline over direct reports in keeping with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- Assist in setting performance targets, evaluating performance and identifying training needs of employees.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Ensure that the environment and area under your control is kept hygienic and orderly.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from the University of Guyana along with five (5) years’ relevant experience.
Technician’s Diploma in Mechanical/ Engineering from GTI/ETI/NATI, five (5) CSEC/GCE ‘O’ Level subjects inclusive of English Language and Mathematics (Grades I-III passes) along with (10) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than March 3, 2020.