Line Superintendent – Transmission & Distribution Department – Victoria, East Coast Demerara
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the position of Line Superintendent – Transmission & Distribution Department – Victoria, East Coast Demerara.
Under the general direction of the Electrical Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that the Distribution Standards are adhere.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ensure that the Standard Line Practice Codes and Safety Rules are adhered to.
- Plan Programmes and Schedule work assignments – applicable to Projects and the Maintenance of Transmission and Distribution System.
- Represent the Engineer at formal meetings when necessary.
- Maintain the Operating Standard of work, manpower and equipment through the Network Supervisor/Senior Network Technician.
- Prepare sketches and drawing as a result of Field Surveys.
- Rectify all problems/faults in extreme circumstances pertaining to emergencies.
- Maintain a daily/monthly reporting system for the briefing of the Engineer in charge.
- Drive the Company’s vehicle as required provided being a licensed driver and certified by the fleet maintenance department.
- Assess the effectiveness of training as it relates to staff development and increased productivity.
- Carry out the function as Senior Authorised Personnel (S.A.P.) when required.
- To be familiar with the works executed by subordinates and be able to perform in such capacities in cases of extreme emergencies or judgment casting ones.
- Investigate connection enquiry and order forms (C.E.O.F.) when required.
- Maintain and recommend disciplinary measures in keeping with the disciplinary policies.
- Assist in setting performance targets.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of Engineering Drawing
- Ability to analyze and interpret Technical procedures
- Ability to effectively present information
- Ability to define or identify problem, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusion
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of Technical instructions in measurement or in diagram form
- Proficient in the use of computer Microsoft applications
- Ability to meet the public and establish co-operative relationship.
- Ability to supervisor the work of others
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Required Qualifications and Experience
Diploma in Electrical Engineering from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited institution plus Five (5) years relevant experience.
- T.I. Technical Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Ordinary Technical Diploma (OTD) or its equivalent, with at least seven (7) years’ experience in the Line Distribution Field at a Supervisor Level.
- City and Guilds Electrical Technician Certificate – Parts I & II or its equivalent, with ten (10) years’ experience in the Line Distribution Field at a Supervisory Level.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, October 21, 2022.