Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
- Represent the Company in both Civil and Criminal litigation.
- Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required i.e. prepare writs, defences, submission and other pleadings in cases of both ‘for and against” the company.
- Ensure judgments in favour of the company are fully executed and enforced.
- File oppositions in matters where there are arrears due and payable to the company.
- Advise on statutory compliances.
- Research and prepare legal opinions on various matters including claims for compensation against the company.
- Draft and/or review legal contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with external Attorneys.
- Submit monthly reports to Management and the Board.
- Maintain register of all legal matters in courts.
- Represent the Company at Arbitration and PUC hearings.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of policies relating to the company.
- Draft, amend, review or recommend modifications to electricity sector or related laws and regulations.
- Dispense matters in keeping with ESRA, GPL’s License & Standard Terms and Conditions, the PUC Act, the GEA Act, the EPA Act and other Laws and/ or Regulations governing or regulating the operations/performance of the company.
- Provide sound legal advice to the Company in general and make recommendations to Management as necessary.
- Any other related tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to:
Deputy Human Resources Manager
Guyana Power & Light Inc.,
257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown