Labourers – Transmission & Distribution Department – Garden of Eden
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant positions of Labourers – Transmission & Distribution Department – Garden of Eden, East Bank Demerara.
Under the general direction of the Senior Network Technician/Network Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the general preparation and erection of poles and clearing encroaching tree limbs or overgrown vegetation on Transmission & Distribution corroder in a safe manner.
- Clear vegetation that hinders the progress of laying out a pole route.
- Fix pickets / stakes along the proposed pole route.
- Cut notches and apex during pole preparation for planting.
- Drill holes in poles to install pole steps.
- Backfill holes after planting.
- Dig holes for planting of Transmission & Distribution poles.
- Take care of tools and equipment during work activities.
- Adhere to Standard Line Practice Codes and Safety Rules of the Company.
- Cut and remove trees endangering Transmission and Distribution lines, only after effective isolation.
- Clear weeds, creepers and vines in Transformer enclosures and Sub Stations, only after effective isolation.
- Ensure that the worksite is left clean and tidy.
- Trim / remove trees endangering service mains and connections.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Ability to read and interpret signs.
Ability to read and write
Possesses good interpersonal Skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
Sound Secondary Education
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Wednesday, September 28, 2022.