Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Labourers – within the Transmission & Distribution Department – # 53 Outpost and New Amsterdam, Berbice.
Under the general direction of the Senior Network Technician/Network Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for the general preparation and erection of poles and clearing encroaching tree limbs or overgrown vegetation on Transmission & Distribution corridor in a safe manner.
- Clear vegetation that hinders the progress of laying out a pole route.
- Fix pickets/stakes along the proposed pole route.
- Cut notches and apex during pole preparation for planting.
- Drill holes in poles to install pole steps.
- Backfill holes after planting.
- Dig holes for planting of Transmission & Distribution poles.
- Take care of tools and equipment during work activities.
- Adhere to Standard Line Practice Codes and Safety Rules of the Company.
- Cut and remove trees endangering Transmission and Distribution lines, only after effective isolation.
- Clear weeds, creepers and vines in Transformer enclosures and Sub Stations, only after effective isolation.
- Ensure that the worksite is left clean and tidy.
- Trim / remove trees endangering service mains and connections.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
JOB QUALIFICATION(S) AND EXPERIENCE:
- Sound Secondary Education
1. Ability to read and interpret signs
2. Ability to read and write
3. Physically fit
4. Possesses good interpersonal Skills
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown
GPL INC. BEING AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER