Metering Manager – Metering Department – Sheriff Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the position of Metering Manager – Metering Department – Sheriff Street.
The Metering Manager will be responsible for coordinating and oversee all activities, constituting Major Metering, Minor Metering, Metering Compliance, Material Management Unit and Data Processing Unit within the Metering Department, with full compliance to Performance Management and ISO9001 Management Systems.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Planning and coordinating of Metering activities in keeping with approved work plan and budget
- Monitor and identification of risks with negative impact on department’s goals, objectives, and targets achievement, and initiate appropriate actions to mitigate identified risks continuous.
- Monitor of Metering Staff performance and initiate appropriate actions that will foster and enhance continuous improvement Continuous.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities with potential, to enhance the achievement of department’s objectives, goals and targets.
- Monitor all metering activities in concert with the Quality Management System, Occupation Health and Safety Policy and Performance Management System continuous.
- Deliver Meter Installation process that promotes efficiency, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver technical and none technical in concert with Loss Reduction Director requirements.
- Ensure Engineers and coordinator complies with Company Rules, Regulations, Policies and the procedures when administering disciplinary actions.
- Dispense disciplinary actions in keeping with the Company Disciplinary Policies and Procedures.
- Provide Court litigation support (attend court as expert witness on behalf of GPL) to the Legal Department on demand.
- Coordinate activities for service with Government Electrical Inspectors.
- Implement new work techniques as introduced by Management from time to time
- Prepare Departmental Budget and associated work plan, and ensure effective implementation of the Section’s budgetary monitoring procedures.
- Orient, mentor and coach subordinate staff in an effort to aid their development of requisite job skills. Recommend appropriate training as required.
- Facilitate the training of subordinate staff in all aspects of Major and Minor Metering.
- Administer and dispense discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Policy/Procedure.
- Verify, sign off and submit all contractors’ payment invoices for Director’s signature.
- Ensure ISO Compliance throughout the various processes under your control resulting in zero% non conformity.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and Health Legislation, regulations and contractual obligations and promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations/Adhering to the Standard Line Practice Codes and Safety rules of the Company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Master of Science in Engineering or its equivalent from an accredited institution with two (2) years’ experience.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent from an accredited institution with five (5) years’ experience.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent from an accredited institution, City and Guilds, HNC or Higher Technical Diploma with eight (8) years’ experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, March 04, 2022.