Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Laboratory Technician within Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Management Division – Carmichael Street.
Under the general direction of the Chemist, the incumbent will be responsible for conducting sampling, oil and water analyses, and carry out inspections and chemical services.
Key Responsibility Areas
Performs the following duties according to the documented procedures of the Laboratory:-
- Laboratory analysis and sampling
- Samples and analyses water, fuel, lubricants, and transformer oils to be used within the Company.
- Makes up chemical reagents.
- Standardizes pH and conductivity meter and carry out calibration and verification checks on these and other Laboratory equipment.
- Washes and cleans sample bottles and other glassware
- Other related duties
- Samples and analyses fuel from storages facilities (fuel boats, road tankers and fuel tanks)
- Inspects road tankers /vessels used to transport fuel within the company.
- Assists in the monitoring of housekeeping for Laboratories
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Must be self-motivation, adaptability and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of ISO Policy and Safety policies
- A good working knowledge of operational power plant chemistry and water treatment plant.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects C.C.C/G.C.E. ‘O’ Levels including Chemistry, English Language and Mathematics (Grades 1- III) or its equivalent with two (2) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, March 04, 2022.