Junior Audit Technician
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of a Junior Audit Technician within the Internal Audit Department, Duke Street.
Under the general supervision of Internal Audit Supervisor – Technical, the incumbent will be responsible for examining internal control and procedures for the company operations (T & D, Metering and Generation) in an effort to detect control deficiencies and weaknesses. Based on these examinations, the incumbent will be required to recommend appropriate solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assist Internal Audit Supervisor in ensuring GPL accomplishes its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of its T&D, metering and generation operations.
- Assist in implementing audit plans and programs to routinely evaluate controls for the company’s Operation: Transmission & Distribution, System planning & Design, System Control & Engineering Services, Metering and Generation.
- Conduct periodic and ongoing audit checks and verifications of all records, documents and systems to ensure compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls.
- Conduct checks and verification of single phase metering associated circuitry to ensure accuracy, legality and adherence to standards and procedures.
- Assist in conducting checks and verification of all overhaul and repairs to company’s electrical Motors, alternators and related circuitry.
- Assist in conduct checks and verification of all generation meters at Power Stations operated by GPL.
- Assist in carrying out field inspections to effectively execute investigations.
- Carry out audits at various GPL locations (at short notice).
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) subjects CXC inclusive of Mathematics, English Language, Accounts and Physics, plus an Ordinary Technical Diploma in Electrical Engineering from GTI with four (4) years’ relevant experience in Network/Generation Operations/Auditing.
Technician’s Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Part 11) with six (6) years relevant experience in Network/Generation Operations/Auditing.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than February 20, 2020.