Inventory Management Supervisor
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Inventory Management Supervisor, Inventory Department, Garden of Eden.
Under the general direction of the Inventory Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Stores and safekeeping of all materials held in the Stores.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Verify inventory received is in conformity to the purchase order and verify items that are issued.
- Maintain Inventory at an optimum quantity and make request for stock purchase or transfer before minimum level is reached, however not to surpass the maximum quantity and follow up for delivery.
- Receive, check and Issue fuel.
- Check condition of item/s returned by user department that were no longer required thereafter either labeled restock or classify as obsolete.
- Verify or insert item numbers on all Material Requisitions, Inter Stores Transfers and related documents.
- Identify damage/ obsolete stock items and recommend for disposal.
- Conduct regular stock counts to verify records have been accurately updated and supervise the annual stock taking exercise.
- Organize warehouse to facilitate the easy identification and retrieval of inventory.
- Verify the authenticity of Material Requisitions and other related documents.
- Verify the inventory software and Bin Cards have been accurately updated in a timely manner.
- Orient, mentor, coach direct reports and where required take necessary steps to improve work performance.
- Prepare and complete Individual and direct reports Performance Plan
- Enforce compliance and comply with, all procedures related to Inventory Management and Occupational Safety and Health within Guyana Power and Light.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Analytical Skills
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality Management System AND Occupational Safety and Health Procedures and Regulations
- Knowledge of Inventory Management
- Conversant Electricity Sector Reform Act
- Ability to handle multiple task simultaneously and balance competing priorities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. Degree in Business Management from the University of Guyana with eight (8) years of experiences with in an Accounting /Stores Environment four (4) of which must be in a supervisory level.
- Diploma in Accountancy from University of Guyana or its’ equivalent from an Accredited Institution with at least ten (10) years’ relevant experience with five (5) years of which must be in a supervisory level.
- C.C.A. Level 11 with at least fifteen (15) years’ relevant experience with ten (10) years of which must be in a supervisory level.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than November 16, 2021.