Inventory Management Supervisor
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Inventory Management Supervisor within the Metering Department, Sophia.
Under the general supervision of the Metering Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for the administration and coordination of all day to day activities of the Metering Stores and safekeeping of all materials and tools.
- Ensure that stocks received conform with ‘Goods Received Notes’ (G.R.N) specifications.
- Ensure obsolete and defective materials are properly disposed of daily.
- Ensure that stocks are stored in proper locations/demarcated areas daily.
- Liaise with units/locations heads for information such as work plans and make provisions to have the relevant stock available upon demand.
- Effectively train and supervise direct reports.
- Perform monthly evaluations on staff performance.
- Ensure that direct reports are in compliance with Company Rules and Regulations and initiate disciplinary actions, if necessary, in keeping with Company’s Rules of Conduct and Union Agreement, the Occupational Safety and Health ACT CHAPTER NO. 32 OF 1997 daily.
- Facilitate the auditing process every quarter as required by the Internal Audit Department.
- Ensure that new Meters are sampled (tested) and seal by Guyana National Bureau of Standards before being issued for installation.
- Ensure 100% timely submission of staff performance appraisals.
Required Qualifications and Experience
BSc. Degree in Business/Public Management from the University of Guyana with three (3) years’ relevant experience at a supervisory level.
Diploma in Accountancy/ Management from University of Guyana or its’ equivalent from an Accredited Institution with at least six (6) years’ relevant experience at a supervisory level.
A.C.C.A. Level II plus Five (5) CSEC subjects (Grade I-III passes) with at least seven (7) years’ relevant experience at a supervisory level.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than April 08, 2020.