Inventory Management Supervisor
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Inventory Management Supervisor within the Inventory Department, Bartica.
Under the general direction of the Inventory Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Stores and safekeeping of all materials held in the Stores.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Verify that inventory confirms with the purchase order.
- Maintain Inventory at an optimum level, submit requests for stock purchases or transfer before minimum level is reached but not to surpass the maximum quantity and follow up on deliveries.
- Receive, check and issue fuel.
- Check condition of item/s returned by user department that were no longer required thereafter either labeled restock or classify as obsolete.
- Verify or insert item numbers on all Material Requisitions, Inter Stores Transfers and related documents.
- Identify damage/ obsolete stock items and recommend for disposal.
- Conduct regular stock counts to verify records have been accurately updated and supervise the annual stock taking exercise.
- Organize warehouse to facilitate the easy identification and retrieval of inventory.
- Verify the authenticity of Material Requisitions and other related documents.
- Verify the inventory software and Bin Cards have been accurately updated in a timely manner.
- Orient, mentor, coach direct reports and where necessary, take steps to improve work performance.
- Prepare and complete individual and direct reports Performance Plans.
- Enforce compliance with all procedures related to Inventory Management and Occupational Safety and Health within the Company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
BSc. Degree in Business Management from the University of Guyana plus Certificate in Computer Studies with eight (8) years’ experience within an Accounting /Stores environment; four (4) of which must be at a supervisory level.
Diploma in Accountancy from the University of Guyana or its’ equivalent from an Accredited Institution plus Certificate in Computer Studies with at least ten (10) years’ relevant experience; five (5) years of which must be at a supervisory level.
C.C.A. Level 11, plus a Certificate in Computer Studies, with at least fifteen (15) years’ relevant experience; ten (10) years of which must be at a supervisory level.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Deputy Human Resources Manager Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than September 3, 2020.