Inventory Management Assistant
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
We’re excited to announce the search for a results-oriented Inventory Management Assistant, to join our team at the Garden of Eden, East Bank Demerara and Sophia, Georgetown, Locations.
Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for this position.
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the Supervisor in coordinating and executing the Department’s daily activities in the Stores.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ensure strict adherence to the standard storekeeping procedures as set out by the Department.
- Ensure that all materials held in the Stores are secured and accounted for.
- Assist with on-the-job training of Staff.
- Enter data to the relevant database in a timely manner in keeping with the Department’s operational targets.
- Liaise with Essequibo and Berbice on materials requested and assist with the arrangement of transfers.
- Maintain an efficient filing system, as well as ensuring all source documents are kept in good condition and are not easily accessible by unauthorized persons within or outside of the Department.
- Report immediately any source document discrepancies or system discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Assist with preparation of relevant reports relative to metering materials, sheets and updated to accepted standards and layouts associated with the Metering Department
- Ensure accurate completion and submission of Contractors’ Invoices as per Department schedules.
- Process issued or returned material documentation as submitted by Technicians or Contractors.
- List reclaimed meters to be issued to test lab.
- Prepare Labourers fortnightly time sheet.
- Ensure that the work environment and area is kept clean and tidy.
- Attend to Technicians and Contractors with queries and assist with resolving issues relating to materials.
- Perform continuous self-monitoring and evaluation to improve performance targets
- Ensure ISO Compliance throughout the various processes under your control resulting in zero% non-conformity.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and Health Legislation, regulations and contractual obligations and promptly investigate and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations/Adhering to the Standard Line Practice Codes and Safety rules of the Company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Must be able to give attendance to details
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy with supplies
- Must be numerically inclined
- Ability to develop and maintain stock records, systems and procedures
- Understanding of Stores Management
- Flexible and able to work in a team
- Knowledge of appropriate internal control
- High level of organizational skills
- Be conversant with G.P.L.’s Stores Policies and Procedures
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Five (5) subjects C.X.C./G.C.E Ordinary Level, including English Language and Mathematics, plus certificate in Computer Studies, with at least three (3) years relevant experience in Stores Management.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Senior Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than February 15, 2024.