Inventory Management Assistant- Bartica
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
G.P.L Inc. invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy of Inventory Management Assistant within the Inventory Department, Bartica.
Under the general direction of the Inventory Officer, the incumbent will be responsible, for the day to day management of the Stores and the safekeeping of all materials held in the respective stores.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Receive and issue materials from the stores.
- Ensure strict adherence to the standard operating procedures as set out by the responsible department of the Guyana Power and Light Inc.
- Ensure that all material held in the store is secured.
- Effectively train and supervise subordinate staff.
- Manage and maintain Inventory to ensure an optimal quantity of items at all times
- Verify the authenticity of Material Requisitions and related documents.
- Identify damage/obsolete stock items and recommend for disposal.
- Ensure that stocks are stored in proper locations/demarcated areas.
- Conduct regular stock counts to ensure that accurate records are maintained.
- Arrange the warehouse to ensure quick and trouble-free accessibility to items, easily identifiable and stored.
- Ensure that Inventory software and Bin Cards are accurately updated in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Five (5) C.X.C. subjects inclusive of English Language and Mathematics, a Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) plus three (3) years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Deputy Human Resources Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than September 3, 2020.