Internal Audit Supervisor (Technical) – within the Internal Audit Division – Duke Street Kingston
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the impending vacancy of Internal Audit Supervisor (Technical) – within the Internal Audit Division – Duke Street, Kingston Georgetown.
Under the general direction of the Internal Audit Officer – Technical, the incumbent will be responsible for supervising and conducting technical operations audit to detect control deficiencies and weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Assist in designing, preparing and implementing annual and monthly work plans, targets and programmes to routinely evaluate controls for the company’s technical operations (Metering, Transmission & Distribution, Generation and Loss Reduction), including contractual and policy compliance.
- Supervise and conduct audits on the Transmission and Distribution (T & D), System Planning & Design, Systems Control & Engineering Services, Metering, Revenue Protection and Generation departments work procedures including checking and verifying: accounting for personnel utilization including overtime, account for tools and equipment; accounting for new materials used in the field and material recovered from the fields, (including items used by emergency crews), storage and security of materials to be discarded and scrap material disposal.
- Supervise and conduct audit of Project Implementation Unit’s work procedures, standards and internal controls including the following:
- Check, verify and account for materials and supplies procured. Verification of field works in compliance with procurement procedures.
- Supervise and conduct audit of System Planning and Design works procedures, standards and internal controls including audit of estimates for capital works and management for authorization of works.
- Supervise and conduct audit of System Planning & Emergency Services including; Accounting for materials and supplies, Implementation of maintenance programmes and identification and disposal of unserviceable items.
- Supervise and conduct audits to verify that the amount of fuel (LFO/HFO) received is within the acceptable tolerance of the quantity purchased.
- Supervise and conduct fuel (HFO/LFO), lube oil consumption and spare parts usage audits.
- Conduct checks and verification of single-phase metering associated circuitry to ensure accuracy, legality and adherence to standards and procedures.
- Supervise and conduct checks on installation and verification of accuracy of all meters including three phase installation multipliers and verify multiplier on billing system.
- Supervise and conduct audit of Metering work procedures, standards and internal controls including the following:
- Materials and supplies
- Verification of filed materials used to include cables
- Identification, storage and disposal of meters.
- Ensure that safety codes and Standard Line are adhered to within the Company.
- Prepare sketches/drawing as a result of field surveys and investigations.
- Attend meeting, functions as a representative of the Internal Audit Department when called upon.
- Promote the sharing of best practices across the Company.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the processes, systems and control across all Operational and Technical Divisions.
- Initiate and determine training needs for subordinate staff and other Company personnel, where necessary.
- Exercise effective discipline over subordinate staff in keeping with the Company’s rules and regulations.
- Conduct periodic reviews and recommend changes where necessary for the Company’s Technical operations procedure.
- Maintain confidentiality of all matters within the audit department.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer
- Understand and appropriately applies standards, procedures requirements, regulations and policies related to engineering
- Ability to maintain credibility with others on technical matters.
- Ability to be thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to details.
- Knowledge of principles of electrical theory as applied to T & D and power systems
- Must have the ability to maintain confidential and professional conduct
- Ability to understand instrument/tools and their uses
- Knowledge of meter operations and installation
- High level of commitment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from the University of Guyana Accredited Institution with three (3) years’ relevant experience in the related field at a Supervisory Level.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Ordinary Technical Diploma (OTD) from the Government Technical Institute or its equivalent from an Accredited Institution with five (5) years’ experience in the related filed at a Supervisory Level
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Thursday, March 24, 2022.