Internal Audit Supervisor- Non Technical
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
We’re excited to announce the search for a resulted oriented, skilled and motivated Internal Audit Supervisor to join our team at the Internal Audit Department – Duke Street, Georgetown Location.
Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for the position.
Under the general supervision of the Internal Audit Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for supervising and conduct internal audit checks of GPL’s processes and systems. Detect control deficiencies, weaknesses and recommend appropriate solution.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Supervise and conduct audit checks; routinely evaluate financial controls including contractual and policy compliance and corporate governance.
- Assist in the preparation and implementing of audit plans and working programmes and submit same to the Internal Audit Officer for review and approval.
- Ensure that audits are properly planned, documented and controlled with the standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Supervise and carry out periodical and ongoing internal audit check of all Non-Technical Operations of GPL.
- Ensure that adequate audit steps are undertaken to verify the completeness, accuracy, ownership and valuation as appropriate of a transaction area or cycle.
- Supervise and conduct internal audits of the various operating system activities to ensure:
- Accuracy of input and output data to the related reports
- Adequacy of computer application and general controls.
- Prepares reports, and communicates findings and recommendations to Internal Audit Officer.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information arising out of internal audit activities, and all matters within the Internal Audit Division.
- Coordinates with management, and staff of various departments to obtain information necessary for internal auditing staff to conduct their audits;
- Retrieve data from Advance Utility, Customer Information System (CIS), Oracle and (Prepaid) database, prepare and run reports as requested.
- Ensure that safety codes and standard line practices are adhered to within the Company.
- Attend meeting and functions as a representative of the Internal Audit Department when called upon.
- Maintain a high level of Knowledge of the processes, system and control across the company.
- Initiate and determine training needs for subordinate staff and other company personnel where necessary.
- Exercise effective discipline over subordinates in keeping with the company’s rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
- Knowledge of the operations of the various Courts Registries in Guyana
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Responsible and able to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Accountancy from the University of Guyana or its equivalent from an accredited Institution with at least three (3) years’ relevant experience at a supervisory level.
- Completion of CAT/ACCA Level 1 or CIA Part 1 with at least five (5) years relevant experience.
Salary Grade: GE:7
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should through your Departmental Head to be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or via email copying your Departmental Head to email@example.com, not later than February 05, 2024.