Internal Audit Manager – Internal Audit Department – Duke Street, Georgetown
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Internal Audit Manager – within the Internal Audit Department – Duke Street, Georgetown.
The incumbent will plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate all Financial, Commercial and Technical Internal Audit work of the Company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Design and implement audit plans and programmes to routinely evaluate internal controls for the entire company’s operations including contractual and policy compliance and corporate governance.
- Develop and implement procedures to undertake periodical and ongoing internal audit of all Financial Commercial and Technical Operations of GPL.
- Assist in the preparation and development of the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s systems of internal control and quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of management systems.
- Assess the financial and commercial processes to detect control deficiencies and weaknesses; develop appropriate recommendations and action plans for remediation.
- Report to Board of Directors any errors or irregularities and the non-compliance with/or improper application of the Laws, Regulations, Standards, Terms and Conditions, Systems and Procedures and the Authorities governing the transactions of the Organisation.
- Manage financial internal audits to ensure detailed examination and verification of journals and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of the entire company to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls.
- Ensure that audits are properly planned, documented and controlled with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Ensure that adequate audit steps are undertaken to verify the completeness, accuracy, ownership and valuation, as appropriate, of a transaction area or cycle.
- Plan and conduct audits of data processing activities to ensure:
- Accuracy of input and output data and related reports,
- Adequacy of computer ‘application’ and ‘general’ controls.
- Manage the Division’s approved budget prudently
- Maintain confidentiality of all information arising out of internal audit activities and all matters within the division.
- Determine training needs for subordinate staff and other Company personnel, where necessary. Also to Coach and tutor subordinate.
- Ensure that regular meetings are held with staff on safety codes and Standards.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
ACCA, CPA or other professional qualifications plus Five (5) years relevant experience.
A Masters Degree in Finance plus Five (5) years relevant experience
How to Apply
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae should be addressed and submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown not later than Friday, June 3, 2022.