Internal Audit Manager
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
Guyana Power and Light Inc. presents an exciting opportunity for suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Internal Audit Manager within the Internal Audit Division.
Under the direction of the Divisional Director – Internal Audit, the incumbent will be responsible, inter alia, for the design, development and implementation of audit plans and programmes; develop annual risk-based audit plans; assess the effectiveness of Management Systems and manage the Division’s staff and financial resources.
- Recommendations for improvement when internal control deficiencies are identified
- Draft audit reports to Divisional Heads soliciting responses to gaps identified and recommendations made.
- Prepare Annual Risk-based Audit Plan addressing areas of significant risk within the Company
- Exception reports highlighting major weaknesses and recommendations for submission to the Divisional Director and the Audit Committee
- Continuous review of the Internal Audit Charter for relevance
- Staff Performance Appraisal
- Monitoring Department budget
- KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Design, develop and implement audit plans and programmes to routinely evaluate internal controls for the company’s operations (Financial, Commercial and Technical) including contractual and policy compliance and corporate governance.
- Assist in the preparation and development of the annual Internal Audit Risk-based Plan
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s systems of internal control and quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of management systems.
- Assess the financial and commercial processes to detect control deficiencies and weaknesses; develop appropriate recommendations and action plans for remediation.
- Ensure that audits are properly planned, documented and controlled and follows the IPPF – International Professional Practices Framework
- Ensure that adequate audit steps are undertaken to verify the completeness, accuracy, ownership and valuation, as appropriate, of a transaction cycle.
- Prudently manage the Division’s approved budget
- Monitor Staff performance, punctuality and tardiness
- Maintain confidentiality of all information arising out of internal audit activities and all matters within the Department
- Determine training needs for Internal Audit staff
- Maintain confidentiality of all information arising out of internal audit activities and all matters within the division.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or ACCA, Degree in Accounting or other relevant professional qualifications plus five (5) years’ experience in a similar role
CRMA, CGAP &/or fraud certifications would be an asset
2. CIA plus seven (7) years’ experience
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Divisional Director – Human Resources, 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or email: email@example.com not later than Thursday, September 30, 2021.