Internal Audit Manager – Internal Audit Department – Duke Street, Georgetown
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Internal Audit Manager – Internal Audit Department – Duke Street, Georgetown.
The incumbent will plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate Financial, Commercial and Technical assurance engagements of the Company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Design, develop and implement audit plans and programmes to routinely evaluate internal controls for the company’s operations (Financial, Commercial and Technical) including contractual and policy compliance and corporate governance.
- Assist in the preparation and development of the annual Internal Audit Risk-based Plan
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s systems of internal control and quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of management systems.
- Assess the financial and commercial processes to detect control deficiencies and weaknesses; develop appropriate recommendations and action plans for remediation.
- Ensure that audits are properly planned, documented and controlled and follows the IPPF – International Professional Practices Framework
- Ensure that adequate audit steps are undertaken to verify the completeness, accuracy, ownership and valuation, as appropriate, of a transaction cycle.
- Prudently manage the Division’s approved budget
- Monitor Staff performance, punctuality and tardiness
- Maintain confidentiality of all information arising out of internal audit activities and all matters within the Department
- Determine training needs for Internal Audit staff
- Maintain confidentiality of all information arising out of internal audit activities and all matters within the division.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned to you within the scope of your employment, from an Authorized Officer.
REWARD: Commensurate with Senior Management emolument.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or ACCA, Degree in Accounting or other relevant professional qualifications plus five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
CIA plus seven (7) years’ experience.
Certification in Risk Management Assessment (CRMA), Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP) and /or fraud certifications would be an asset
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc. 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, June 10, 2022.