Integrated Resource Planning Engineer – System Planning and Research Department- Middle Street
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The opportunity awaits qualified results oriented professionals who are interested in joining our team within the System Planning and Research Department- Middle Street. Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience are invited to apply for the vacant position of Integrated Resource Planning Engineer.
Under the general direction ofthe System Planning and Research Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for performing general administrative and technical ftlnctions associated with the position of: Integrated Resource Planning Engineer while, complying with ISO 9001 Quality Management System, GPL’s Performance Management System (PMS) and the other policies and management systems of the Company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Conduct research to support GPL’s corporate aim of SUCCESS, LCDS-2030 and other National Energy Priorities.
- Prepare annual Least Cost Plan to Update the Company’s Development and Expansion Programme.
- Update/Construct Production Cost Models to facilitate techno-economic studies relative to pre-feasibility and feasibility studies.
- Prepare Quarterly report on the Company’s Power Generation System Performance, which includes but not limited to Fuel Efficiency, Fuel and Production Costs, Forced Outage Rate, Installed and Available Capacities, and Availability.
- Provide reviews and/or guide the process of Resources Assessment (Renewable and NonRenewable)
- Review Proposals
- Communicate with Internal and External Stakeholders to update the Department’s Database.
- Spearhead/Participate in site visits.
- Assisting with the day-to-day administration of the Unit.
- Orient, mentor, coach, and train direct reports in an effort to aid the development of the requisite job skills.
- Ensure Direct Reports’ compliance with Company Rules and Regulations and initiate disciplinary actions in keeping with Company’s Rules of Conduct.
- Enforce strict compliance with the requirements of the safety and health legislation, regulations, and contractual obligations.
- Investigate promptly and make recommendations through written reports with respect to infractions of Safety and Health regulations.
- Conduct continuous assessment and monitoring of staff work performance and development and taking steps to correct poor work performance.
- Perform other duties that are pertinent to the objectives of the Department’s Action Plan, and by extension, the Divisional Business Plan, to support the Company’s Corporate Strategic Plan, as assigned by or through the Manager or the Divisional Director Engineering Services
- Use of Microsoft Suite
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Flexible and possess the ability to perform effectively under pressure
- Familiarity with electric distribution systems
- Familiarity with electric transmission systems
- Familiarity with electric generation systems- Renewable and conventional
- Familiarity with electric substation systems
- Be conversant with Safety Act and GPL Safety Handbook
- Be conversant with International Standards such as IEEE, ANSI, ESRA, Safety Codes, GPL Grid Code.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse engineering drawing, designs and using the associated software.
- Knowledge of Production Cost Modelling tool through the use of the appropriate software- Plexos.
- Conversant with ISO Quality Management System
- Conversant with GPL Performance Management System (PMS)
- Be conversant with the FACTORIES ACT CHAPTER 95:02, OCCUPATIONAL
- SAFETY AND HEALTH ACT CHAPTER NO 32 OF 1997, ELECTRICITY
- SECTOR REFORM ACT CHAPTER 57:01 OF 1999, ENVIRONMENTAL
- PROTECTION ACT NO 11 OF 1996 ofthe laws and the Guyana Power & Light License which include the STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ELECTRIC SERVICES of October 2010.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Master of Science Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Economics from an accredited institution with at least one (1) year of utility experience relative to the Key Responsible Areas.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Economics from an accredited institution with at least three (3) years of utility experience relative to the Key Responsible Areas.
Salary Grade: Commensurate with Junior Management ‘B’ emoluments,
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street Georgetown or email email@example.com not later than Friday, June 2, 2023.