Head-Mechanical Expansion Unit
Job Description/Key Resonsibilities
The Guyana Power & Light Inc. invites applications from interested candidates with the requisite qualifications and experience to fill the vacant position of Head-Mechanical Expansion Unit, which exist within the Projects Management Department-Middle Street.
Under the general direction of the Program Manager/Divisional Director-Engineering Services, the incumbent will provide technical/project management assistance in the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of any mechanical expansion projects being undertaken by the Company in relation to its Strategic Plans and Development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Responsible for overall co-ordination and timely delivery of GPL’s responsibility in each project.
- Compilation and management of approved budgets.
- Ensure resources assigned to each project are managed prudently, including being accounted for in the approved fashion.
- Responsible for the management of any sub-stores established for the sub-projects.
- Perform the functions of Owner’s Engineer/Representative on projects, as required.
- Acquire and maintain detailed records of all project activities including material usage, daily/weekly progress update and any other pertinent information.
- Ensure requests for variations are evaluated, and justification with recommendations submitted on a timely basis to the Program Manager/ Divisional Director – Engineering Services for approval.
- Effective management/oversight of contractors’ activities to ensure progress is in keeping with approved schedules.
- Approving work methods and materials, supplies equipment etc. delivered by the contractor to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Inspecting and approving works, quantities or milestones.
- Assist with the commissioning of each project, coordinate training and hand-over to Operations.
- Ensure “As Built” drawings are certified and provided to Operations and the System Planning and Design Departments.
- Prepare Tender Documents as necessary.
- Prepare Close-out Reports for projects completed.
- Coordinate with local or state officials as required.
- Assist with the preparation of press releases as necessary.
- Compile weekly/monthly reports in respect of each sub-project or as directed by the Program Manager/Divisional Director – Engineering Services, or any Competent Authority.
- Make presentations to any local Agency / Authority responsible for licenses or permits
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Five (5) years relevant experience at a Managerial level.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering with Ten (10) years relevant experience five (5) of which must be at a Managerial level
SALARY GRADE: Salary Grade: Commensurate with Junior Management “A” emoluments
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to reach the Human Resources Services Manager, Guyana Power & Light Inc., 257/259 Middle Street, Georgetown or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, November 21, 2022.